Zero Oil Mooli Parathan
A popular breakfast option in most north indian houses, theses parathas go well with a lot of subzis too. Here is an innovative version made with jowar flour and mashed potatoes, which help to make them soft.
Preparation time- 10min
Cooking time- 15min
1/2 cup grated white radish (mooli)
1/2 cup jowar (white millet) flour
1/2 cup boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
1 tbsp roasted coriander (dhania) , lightly crushed
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
salt to taste
jowar (white millet) flour for rolling
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft, smooth dough, using enough water.
2. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
3. Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 100 mm (4") diameter.
4. Place the roti on a non-stick tava (griddle). Turn over in a few seconds.
5. Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
6. Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
7. Repeat with the remaining portions to make 4 more rotis.
8. Serve hot.
Nutritive value per serving: